|Product Explanation||The assist arm is an assist device for safely and correctly transporting photomasks used in the production of liquid crystal and organic EL displays, which have become quite large in recent years. The operator can perform the operation following the instructions on the assist arm monitor to lessen the burden of operation. Further, in addition to the standard model, we also offer a center standard type with a larger bottom claw operation range that can be selected to match the specifications of the production equipment.
|Basic Specifications||(1) Transported mask size
X direction = 800 mm (Min.) to 1550 mm (Max.)
Y direction = 500 mm (Min.) to 1500 mm (Max.)
Thickness = 5 mm (Min.) to 13 mm (Max.)
(1) Hand Shape ● One 60 mm wide mask clamp claw is placed in the center of the bottom aide of the mask and two 30 mm wide claws are placed on the right and left sides on the top of the mask.
(2) Clamp/Unclamp Method
(3) Top claw drive = Servo motor + Clean actuator (Ball screw)
(4) Top claw vertical stroke = 1050 mm
(5) Bottom claw drive = Servo motor + Ball screw
(6) Bottom claw vertical stroke = 30 m
(7) Mask clamp claw material (mask contact area) = Black Delrin
The black Delrin mount is a side type that is held by screws.
|Tilt Area||(1) Comes with a touch panel for basic operations (conditions menus selection, etc.).
(2) The person operated hand employs an orientation control handle. Comes with a close at hand switch for transporting while the mask is grasped.
(3) Comes with a hood to protect the equipment from the dust coming off of people.
(4) Comes with an emergency stop switch.
|Controller||(1) PLC controller (Made by Mitsubishi Electric)
(2) Equipped a rotating warning light (with a buzzer)
|Arm||(1) The configuration is rotating part → Z-axis part → 1st arm → 2nd arm.
(2) Equipped with a weight for offsetting the arm and hand as a cylinder or electro-pneumatic regulator is not used.
(3) Rotating stroke = 316°
(4) Z-axis stroke = 840 mm
(5) Z-axis operation method = Ball screw + Servo motor
(6) The 1st arm and 2nd arm joints are equipped with an electromagnetic brake to support the push back force when tilting the mask. A switch is used to operate the brake
|Tilt Driver||(1) Stroke = 19°
(2) Drive method = Ball screw + Servo motor
|Rolling mechanism||(1) Stoke = Approx. ± 0.2°
(2) Drive method = Eccentric cam + Servo motor
|Safety Measures and Debris Countermeasures||(1) The weight of the Z-axis moving part is offset by a weight. This makes possible movement with little torque.
(2) A safety bumper operates and the motor is stopped when another part is accidentally impacted when the assist arm is set in the catcher (during Z-axis operation).
(3) A close at hand switch is used for all handover operations after conditions selection (transport unit, mask size, sheet thickness, material, etc.). In addition, the handover can be performed by pressing the switches in the order that they flash.
(4) If a problem is discovered during device operation (check by a person), it is possible to reverse operation from that state.
(5) Cleanroom measures are taken for the drive units of the upper and lower claws of the hand where a vacuum pump sucks up debris within the drive units.
(6) Products for clean operation are used to grease the ball screw and LM guide and excess oil is wiped away.
(7) The assist arm lock mechanism is designed not to generate debris.
|Other functions||(1)The hand servo driver is placed at the top so as not to block the field of view. In addition, it also has a cover to prevent dust generation.
(2)The tilt operation for mask handover can only be operated while the switched is pressed and stops when the switch is released.